About the Team
As one of DoorDash's core operations teams, Support Ops ensures that when there are bumps in the last mile there's always someone there to help make things right. Our team designs, manages and operates DoorDash's massive and growing global network of support centers, with the ultimate goal of delivering an outstanding customer experience every time.
About the Role
As part of DoorDash's Support Operations Team, we're looking for an experienced Workforce Planner to help develop and scale our support lines of businesses in the Phoenix area. This role will help schedule our monthly, daily, and hourly staffing levels and ensure we're providing our customers with excellent service with up to date hiring plans. You will play an important part in improving schedule efficiency, reporting, and planning around floor staff utilization. In this role you will:
- Build support ramps and schedules at a weekly, and interval level for a large, 24/7/365 organization.
- Build and improve reports on agent staff utilization and schedule optimization, both globally and by line of business.
- Schedule shifts for support, and allocate PTO allowances by line of business.
- Analysis on historical data to provide insights that improve support operations.
- Guide Short-Term staffing adjustments to address current staffing gaps.
- Build shift-bids and schedules for pilots, internal support teams, and for business operations.
- Work with our operations team to track how our staffing is being implemented and optimized. Make decisions on future possible issues and corrected improvements.
- Partner with Real Time Analysts for demand insight and outage reporting.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Collect and analyze information to ensure data-driven results - you love getting into the weeds.
- Enjoy attacking complex problems and building something that hasn't existed before.
- Are efficient and orderly in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small; have outstanding direct and clear written and verbal discussions.
- Display the ability to keep all parties involved updated and you can implement and finish the task at hand.
- Enjoy a comfortable team-oriented environment where things are always happening at a rapid pace and you can prioritize and organize tasks simultaneously.
- Manage outcomes and be empowered to make the decisions to lead to those outcomes.
- Be focused on quality, output-motivated, an extreme achiever who is progressive, and always pushing yourself to do better.
We're excited about you because…
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 2 years of workforce planning or other relevant experience.
- Scheduling experience across multiple inbound channels (Chat, Phone, Web, Social)
- Experience with Workforce Management software, Verint. (e.g., NICE, Verint, Aspect)
- Fluent in Excel formulas and Erlang calculations
- Experience with outsourced customer support vendors
- Experience with Salesforce
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.