About the Team
DoorDash Drive is looking for you to join our team as a Senior Manager for our fulfillment strategy and operations supporting new verticals.
DoorDash Drive is our company's hyper-growth platform team serving restaurants, grocers and retailers across the United States, Canada and Australia. The Fulfillment team is responsible for driving the strategy, profitability, and operations across each vertical.
About the Role
The Senior Manager, Core Logistics, will own the end to end fulfillment strategy, profitability and operations for our most nascent verticals to enable our business for growth. Drive’s growth only accelerates when we are the most cost efficient and best-in-class operational platform in the industry. This role reports directly to the Lead of Fulfillment Strategy & Operations for Drive, and will manage a team of 5 from Day 1. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be 100% remote or hybrid.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own business outcomes — be directly responsible for our cost and quality metrics across a subset of our product offering and develop plans to improve performance
- Lead a team — Grow and lead a high performing team solving some of our toughest problems
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Product, Engineering, Finance, Analytics, to improve our profitability, enable growth, and influence the progression of our business
- Implement – Drive the set up, execution and go-to-market of new product and operational initiatives to improve our fulfillment capabilities
We’re excited about you because…
- 8+ years of cross-functional leadership experience
- 3+ years of leadership and management experience
- You have a bias towards action and can thrive in a fast environment
- You crave responsibility and want to help shape the vision and direction of the company
- You're willing to get to the lowest level of detail and you're open to feedback
- You have led and motivated a team before
- You have a talent for summarizing complex problems, can translate high-level goals into relevant plans
- You have experience in a complex or high-growth environment
- You have strong data retrieval, analytics and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Masters Degree a plus
- Logistics, Product Management, Business Operations and/or Partnerships experience a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.