About the Team
The US Markets team manages the multiple products of DoorDash as a portfolio of individual markets, identifying regional and local opportunities to accelerate growth for our centralized product teams within an integrated strategy.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Market Manager to join the Strategy & Operations team and develop our hyperlocal team of Market Growth Leads (MGLs) and City Specialists (CSs) in Florida and Puerto Rico. You will report to the Regional General Manager.
As the Florida/Puerto Rico Market Manager at DoorDash, you will manage a team of full-time (MGLs) and hourly specialists (CSs) to ensure team morale is high while meeting / exceeding important performance metrics. By working with the Florida/Puerto Rico team and other central partners within our Marketing, Merchant Strategy, Sales & Account Management, and Logistics & Dasher teams, you will help set standards and develop programs to help promote sustainable growth and more efficient operational processes.
If you love leading teams and enjoy thinking about how to achieve local strategic plans, we'd love to have you join as our Florida/Puerto Rico Market Manager.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Analyze – Use a data-driven approach and marketplace knowledge to identify improvement opportunities, run tests, and make our business 1% better everyday.
- Collaborate - Work with Marketing, Merchant Strategy, Sales & Account Management, and Logistics & Dasher teams to set strategic goals for the City Specialist and Market Growth Lead teams to create strategic projects and to identify further opportunities crucial to the growth of your region.
- Operate – Figure out how to get from A to B–then actually make it happen.
- Build – Adapt tactics for the dasher, customer, and merchant operations to your region.
- Grow – Manage and upskill your team to prepare them for other roles at DoorDash.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a problem solver – You have a talent for managing complex projects, driving high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing processes. You enjoy making things more efficient.
- You are an elastic thinker – You can operate at both the 10,000 foot level and at the 10 inch level.
- You are entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the direction of a relatively new initiative.
- You are a generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business.
- You are resilient – You move quickly and enjoy rolling up your sleeves to support your team.
- You are a relationship-builder – You can motivate people at all levels in different departments.
- You can manage a diverse team, helping champion development of DoorDash's future leaders.
- You have 3+ years of experience managing teams in operations, retail, industrial production, technology, consulting, strategy, banking, analytics, high-growth or early-stage startup experience or related experience
- You are data driven and analytical, and are open to learning SQL
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.