About the Team
On the Merchant Strategy & Operations team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant selection, build modern services for our merchants to grow their business, and help our partners operate on the platform.
Our Merchant Services team lies at the heart and soul of DoorDash, ensuring that we set all of our merchants up for success by providing a seamless onboarding, menu, and photo experience. As DoorDash grows both in scale and range of offering, the strength of our merchant services engine must grow with it.
About the Role
As a Senior Manager, Merchant Services Strategy & Operations, you'll discover and guide performance improvements across the Merchant Services organization and build the foundation for it to grow. This will include developing strategies to increase the quantity and quality of the merchant services we offer, strategic projects to enhance productivity, process redesign, product roadmap and launches, and resource allocation. You will sit at the intersection of our revenue generation engine and our internal teams. The role will require prioritization and data-driven insights to ensure our team is working against the right goals and has the tools needed to achieve them.
You'll work between our sales, partner management, operations, product, and analytics teams to build a delightful experience for our merchants. You will report to the Director of Merchant Services Strategy and Operations. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Create plans against the Merchant Services strategy of building a seamless onboarding, menu, and photo experience that delights merchants
- Experiment – Use data-driven insights to run process improvement tests
- Analyze – Build the analytics infrastructure, metrics and tools that power our team’s operations and strategy
- Influence – Manage cross-functional projects with our sales, partner management, operations, product, engineering, and business operations teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve targets
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 8+ years of experience in strategy & operations or consulting; high-growth startup experience is advantageous
- Direct management experience leading a team in a fast-paced environment
- You have experience leading cross-functional projects and hitting goals
- You are comfortable manipulating datasets; SQL experience is advantageous
- You always look for ways to improve and want to shape the direction of the company
- You can motivate people at all levels across the organization
- You can translate high-level goals into relevant plans
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.