About the Team
We’re building and scaling new ways to delight customers and dashers while growing our merchants’ businesses through the DoorDash platform in Convenience. DoorDash is the market leader in convenience delivery so come join us in our mission to deliver everything in the neighborhood from drugstores to dollar stores to local bodegas!
About the Role
In this role you will be an expert on the Convenience delivery experience and advance our thinking on how it can be improved in a way that benefits both our customers and DoorDash. Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Setting the overall profitability and fulfillment vision for the convenience business
- Using analytics and first principles problem solving to identify opportunities to improve our fulfillment operations and profitability for consumers, dashers, and merchants
- Working cross-functionally to drive alignment on priorities and secure resourcing for key initiatives that will allow the business to achieve its goals
- Designing and running experiments to test your hypotheses and build the business case behind proposed initiatives
- Leading execution on cross-functional initiatives to capture identified opportunities across product and operations
The impact from these initiatives will directly contribute to better experiences for consumers, dashers, and merchants as well as more profitable orders for DoorDash.
You will report into the General Manager of our Convenience team, a part of our New Business Verticals organization, and manage a team focused on improving our ops & quality across our three-sided marketplace. We are in a hybrid model, where some days we are in the office and some days we work remote. It’s pretty flexible!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash’s next big business. You’ll do whatever it takes to launch, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Strategize. From first principles, you’ll develop the optimal strategy for best serving our customers.
- Analyze. You’ll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Lead and collaborate. You’ll work with a cross-functional team, including engineering, product, design, operations, finance, and marketing to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
We’re excited about you because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 6-8+ years of experience. You’ve succeeded in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience).
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.