About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in growing our Australian business! This is a rare opportunity for people who are excited about joining a fast-paced start-up and building something great! We’re looking for hustle, smarts, and deep market knowledge to enable us to best serve our consumers, Dashers, and merchants. Join our never-ending pursuit to better power economies in Australia and across the globe.
About the Role
We are seeking a professional and charismatic Sales Development Representative to join our incredible sales team. Your goal would be to find creative ways to activate and engage merchants as we expand our reach throughout Australia. Recent university graduates, retail sales assistants or hospitality workers, and phone based sales associates with a competitive spirit are particularly well suited to this role. This is a great gateway to launch a career in sales/start-up tech.
Your primary goal will be to generate new leads, develop a diverse pipeline of well-qualified opportunities for our team of Business Development Managers, and meet both monthly quotas.
You will report into the State Sales Manager within the DoorDash Australia organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Sell merchants on the value of partnering with DoorDash through revenue share agreements
- Develop efficient and repeatable methods for reaching the influencers and decision-makers at those prospective new accounts
- Educate prospects and clients about DoorDash products
- Utilize Salesforce CRM to manage all sales activities and pipeline
- Become a student of DoorDash fast-growing product set and the fiercely competitive landscape, to determine how to best position DoorDash in the market
- Plan & approach an inside sales strategy with your team for Major Markets
- Generate business opportunities and manage your sales prospect pipeline
- Call restaurant owners, managers, and hospitality executives to determine if DoorDash is a good fit for their businesses.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have Confidence, Bring Positivity, and Show Eagerness to Learn: We have a collaborative and high energy sales team.
- Have a Strong phone presence: The phone is your greatest tool. Dedication and resilience are critical to success in inside sales.
- Bring Strong Writing/Email Skills: In this day and age, one must be well equipped in writing emails that could open the door to big prospects.
- Have strong sales instincts and an ability to sniff out opportunities and roadblocks.
- Bring Excellent verbal and listening skills: Communication is key, whether internally with our team or when speaking with clients.
- Are comfortable Adapting: In a top of funnel sales role, you need to be able to take rejection seamlessly, and keep moving forward. You need to be able to adapt, grow, and evolve at lightning speeds.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.