About the Team
DashMart is a new team at DoorDash focused on building a new type of convenience store, offering both household essentials, grocery, and convenience items to our customers' doorsteps leveraging DoorDash owned and operated darkstores. In this model, DoorDash leases real estate, selects and purchases inventory, sets pricing, and operates the darkstores. This is a new team to DoorDash and is conquering our next large line of business in partnership with a globally recognized Canadian retailer. In this partnership, we will bring a curated selection of convenience and grocery products sourced from a robust supply chain to Canadian consumers in under 30 minutes.
About the Role
The Senior Manager, Marketplace Operations will oversee three important aspects of our DashMart operations: delivery quality, marketplace growth, and logistics. In this role you will be a cornerstone of the DashMart Canada operation, as you will directly impact our customer experience and business growth. You will build and manage a small team of managers who lead the respective functions.
Our best Senior Managers are self-motivated, strategic, analytical, data-driven, and have exceptional interpersonal and team-building skills. They are generalists who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful.
You will report to the Country General Manager.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize - Innovate and execute on unique strategies to grow the DashMart business.
- Engage – implement scalable initiatives and best practices to ensure a high quality customer and employee experience
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and analytics to run tests on everything from pick times and store layout to delivery radii for each of our DashMarts.
- Analyze – Work with your team to build models that evaluate the efficacy of marketing promotions, the impact of operational changes, and drive growth in the business.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our darkstore operations, Product, Engineering, and Analytics etc. teams to drive strategic initiatives and harness opportunities.
- Participate in any company-wide training programs (WeDash, etc.)
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You are a problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- You are accountable - You want to own the outcome and make an impact on our most critical growth and profitability metrics
- You are entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- You are a generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You are gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You are a partner – You can influence and collaborate with people at all levels of the organization across a variety of job functions
- You are a team leader – You can build and motivate teams and develop future leaders of the company.
- You have 7+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- You have a proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You are an expert communication and interpersonal skills
- You have advanced Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.