About the Team
On the New Ventures team, our mission is to design, test, launch, and scale new business lines + products to help Restaurants thrive on the platform.
About the Role
As a Senior Associate, you’ll help scope, test, and operate the next generation of DoorDash's new businesses, products, and services. You will report to the Manager / Senior Manager, Merchant Strategy & Operations - New Ventures, and lead cross-functional collaboration between DoorDash’s operations, sales, marketing, product, design, research, engineering and analytics teams to deliver our next billion $ opportunities.
You'll have the opportunity to help define new bets based on user needs, build MVPs, set + operationalize GTM strategy, collect live insights, and improve operational performance. This role is your chance to grow into the GM of bold ambitious ideas.
Please note: because of current circumstances, our recruiting process is being run entirely by phone and Zoom video conference. If you require any accommodations, please let your recruiter know.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build – Manage and launch new bets at DoorDash
- Strategize – Set the strategy for adoption at the product level, including which merchants segments to target and how to increase engagement
- Experiment – Scope tests and experiments on everything from adoption to optimization
- Implement – Execute new product plans to help our partners grow and operate quickly
- Analyze - Build models to evaluate product success and set new goals
- Influence – Work with our Product, Engineering, Operations and Sales teams to scale ventures from idea to reality
We're excited about you because…
- You have 3+ years of experience in management consulting / product management / business operations / investment banking / corporate strategy / design or related experience
- You have an established track record of achieving tangible outcomes and moving needles
- You have experience leading projects, working in a team, and motivating people at all levels across a variety of job responsibilities
- You can translate high-level goals into applicable plans & action items
- You have excellent Excel skills (can perform complex functions); SQL knowledge a bonus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.