About the Role
We’re looking for a Director of Dasher & Logistics to help build and shape the future of last mile logistics.
At DoorDash we’re building the world’s leading last-mile logistics platform and we believe that in order to accomplish this we’ll need to disrupt ourselves a few times along the way. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial leader to help us reinvent the way we think about logistics, from seamlessly mastering handoffs on the 50th floor of a skyscraper to reimagining safety for Dashers on the platform. This is a unique opportunity to help define and shape a fast-growing, global brand, and make a material impact on the future of work and last mile commerce as we know it.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build new capabilities, experiences, and businesses that haven’t been attempted before, you’re excited about the opportunity to create the impossible.
- Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgement to run tests on everything from new earnings opportunities for Dashers to mastering urban mobility
- Work with a cross-functional team including operations, marketing, analytics, finance, and product to bring your ideas to market.
- Operate at the lowest level of detail to understand the impact of your decisions and iterate given insights from data, you’re excited to dig into the details to pull out the real insights
- Continuously engage and cultivate relationships with customers to understand their needs and identify strategic bets that can create step-change improvements for them.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a proven track record of leading initiatives, delivering results, and succeeding in a team environment.
- You are able to synthesize data, make informed decisions and balance quantitative measurement with an empathetic, intuition-based mindset.
- You have 10+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, operations, technology, or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience and experience leading a team is a plus
- You love thinking about problems from a first principles approach, and you aren’t afraid to take action and try new things in order to create the future
- You are able to communicate complex topics in a clear, concise, and thorough way to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- You focus on getting stuff done and aren’t afraid to get into the details. No job is beneath you and you lead from the front
- You thrive working in a cross-functional environment, you can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.