About the Team
We're looking for a Strategy & Operations Associate or Senior Associate to help build and shape the future of DoorDash with our Dasher & Logistics platform.
The Strategy & Operations Dasher & Logistics team oversees strategic growth at DoorDash powered by best in class logistics operations. Together, we're building the world's most efficient and reliable same-day logistics platform to fulfill our vision of empowering all local businesses.
The projects we work on are diverse and have the potential to impact all our audiences - from Dashers, to Consumers, to Merchants. Some examples of projects include:
- Building the future of same-day and flexible Logistics networks while also expanding Merchant selection and improving affordability for Customers
- Mobilizing Dashers to meet Consumer demand in a cost-effective manner, and running experiments to better meet Dasher expectations and optimize Dasher supply performance
- Creating accessible and rewarding economic opportunities that empower Dashers to reach their goals
- Getting every delivery right and ensuring that no defects occur at any point in the delivery life cycle so that Customers have a great experience ordering on DoorDash
About the Role
Strategy & Operations Associates are doers responsible for diving into some of our toughest operational problems to understand what’s driving them and running experiments to drive improvement.
Our best Associates are truth seekers who enjoy solving difficult problems, working across the organization and affecting change every day. They combine business context and analytics to take a problem area and implement a customized solution.
In a typical day, you may analyze our data to diagnose and solve problems at the lowest level of detail and use analytical modeling and SQL skills to understand the drivers behind our KPIs. Armed with that data, you’ll then establish the value of new projects, and design and run operational experiments to build the future of Consumer, Dasher, and Merchant experiences on the DoorDash platform and inform our product roadmap. You will work on cross-functional initiatives coordinating across product, engineering, data science, finance, and more to bring projects from 0-1 and 1-100.
- S&O Senior Associate
- S&O Associate
You will report to a Manager or Senior Manager on our Dasher & Logistics team in the Strategy & Operations organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the costs and benefits of different Dasher projects and experiments.
- Strategize – You'll develop strategies for best serving our customers.
- Collaborate – Influence and engage across the company - partner with our Operations, Merchant, Finance, Product, Engineering, and Analytics teams to implement strategy
- Build and Experiment – You'll have your fingerprints all over the future of DoorDash Logistics. This means everything from high-level strategy to the operational details.
We're excited about you because…
- You want to affect change every day and can operate in energizing environments
- You enjoy solving problems and can translate high-level goals into executional plans
- You want to oversee the outcome and help improve our most important growth and profitability metrics
- You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You have an ability to build partnerships at all levels across a variety of responsibilities to achieve common goals
- You are excited to shape the direction of the company
- You have completed your Bachelor's degree and have 1+ years work experience in banking, consulting, bizops, strategy, operations, technology, startups, or related experiences
- You have advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions)
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $75,000 - $97,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.