About the Team
The Finance & Strategy team accelerates the growth of our business by identifying and implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model. We're looking for people who can use strategy to identify areas of opportunity, and collaborate to help carry projects from conception through execution.
About the Role
We are looking for someone enthusiastic about building new processes and strategies. You will be a strategic advisor to important partners across DoorDash to ensure we make the most efficient investment and capital allocation decisions while improving the experience for all our marketplace participants. You will help build financial reporting, forecasting, and planning, guiding financial insights and direction for our operational decisions and strategies.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Finance & Strategy. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be a hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Support the full P&L and understand all the levers to improve our approach to balancing growth vs. profitability.
- Deep-dive into complex operational questions and collaborate with other teams outside Finance (Operations, Product, Marketing, Legal) and within Finance (Accounting, Analytics, BI) to uncover the most data-driven decisions and investments.
- Support auditing the source of truth for weekly financial reporting and forecasting and quarterly financial planning for the business.
- Identify important opportunities and risks to the business, measure and evaluate the impacts, propose a solution and investment case, and ensure efficient execution.
We’re excited about you because…
- 3+ years of experience in Strategic Finance, Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, or Consulting at a high-growth technology startup or a well-established company.
- Experience in project management and managing budgets for main functions within an organization.
- Advanced Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and financial modelling skills. Experience building financial models used by teams throughout the company and size the impacts of opportunities and business cases for pursuing new projects.
- Experience using analytics tools such as SQL. Experience manipulating large datasets, uncovering hidden insights in our data and improve our understanding of our business through this process.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.