About the Team
As one of DoorDash's core operations teams, Consumer Experience, ensures that when there are bumps in the last mile, there's always someone there to help make things right. Our team designs and operates DoorDash's large and growing global network of support centers, with the ultimate goal of delivering an outstanding customer experience as reliably as possible.
About the Role
Our team is looking for a Senior Associate to help our Consumer Experience teams scale to meet DoorDash's expansion while driving a human touch for our drivers, restaurants, and consumers. You will have demonstrated experience, and effective execution, and be excited to solve one of our most challenging problems.
You will serve as the “Voice of the Consumer” by problem-solving for critical Consumer opportunities, creating and executing GTM strategies for new launches, and spending time interacting directly with our customers and support teammates to better understand their goals and points of friction. You will report to a Manager on our Consumer Experience team within our larger Customer Experience Organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Produce, dig into and use data and insights to identify opportunities to improve speed, quality, effectiveness, and customer experience
- Partner with teams within customer experience, and our product, engineering, and tools teams to improve processes and the resulting customer experience for consumers, merchants, and dashers
- Accomplish your recommendations from start to finish, from digging into Excel/SQL to creating a budget to implementing timelines, aligning partners, testing ideas, achieving and measuring results
- Identify areas for improvement and/or innovation around efficiency and customer experience from deep dives and understanding customer's cases; drive new ideas to be built and tested
We're excited about you because…
- You are eager to bring solutions to big challenges in creative new ways
- You like to dig in. You don't hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you're as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team.
- You're unafraid of the unknown. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you excel in constant change.
- You love data. You let data win arguments, and you're comfortable pulling data in SQL or modeling in Excel (can write advanced macros).
- You don't give up. If your plan doesn't work, you have 3 more options in your back pocket.
- You have 3+ years of post-grad experience. You've succeeded in diverse cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience).
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.