About the Team
The DoorDash New Business Development team is a small motivated group responsible for incubating new lines of business and graduating them to scale. Current areas of focus include partnerships in new products and to support new lines of business, including DoorDash Drive, DoorDash Kitchens, and Storefront. The team's primary function is revenue generating partnerships, but it also touches strategy, product management, marketing, operations, finance, legal, and other departments necessary to vet and scale new offerings and partner segments. You will report to the Director, of New Business Development.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Launch and manage Retail partners - such that we help them achieve success through same & next day delivery
- Develop long-term business plans alongside our Retail partners to grow their multi-channel customer strategies
- Steer the development, adoption and scaling of new opportunities by developing the pitch and positioning new lines of business or partner segments
- Develop operations, integrations, marketing processes with Retail team members
- Work with partners across DoorDash to inform goals and align companywide resources to help build-out our partners' digital businesses for growth and revenue
We're excited about you because...
- You are entrepreneurially minded with a nose for opportunity and risk
- You are comfortable making decisions based on imperfect data
- You are a collaborator, and consensus builder
- You set and communicate clear visions and strategies for your teams
- You are naturally optimistic, but not blinded by conviction
- You cultivate mutually beneficial relationships
- You have 6+ years experience in early stage business development, account management, client success, or strategic partnerships in technology or high growth / early stage startups
- You have negotiated numerous first-of-a-kind deals and partnerships
- You have retail, ecommerce, or marketplace industry experience
- You have a Bachelor's degree
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.