About the Team
Our sales and partner management teams are the heart and soul of DoorDash, enabling us to partner with top restaurants across the country to drive revenue and help our partners operate even better. As DoorDash grows both in scale and breadth of offering, the strength of our sales engine and organizational structure must grow with it.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a strong commission analyst (Associate Analyst, Analyst levels) within Sales Strategy- Sales Planning & Incentives, to work on a central team supporting all sales segments to help execute top company business objectives such as compensation plan design/distribution, commission payouts, and process improvements.
In this role within the Sales Planning team, you will combine strategic program management and analysis with operational execution to support the sales organization. Responsibilities will range from strategic (proposing compensation plan improvements aligned to the company's goals and strategy) to operational/tactical (distributing and tracking compensation plans across the sales org, maintaining a sales headcount roster, reporting out on weekly changes, creating a ticketing process for stakeholders, creating and maintaining team training and enablement resources, distributing commission payouts for sales org, and ensuring key metrics can be communicated, tracked and monitored). You will bring a strategic mindset and deliver critical insights using analytical and technical support to the successful administration of sales incentive programs globally while proactively building partnerships, promoting open dialogue and creative insights expertise to issues in real time. This role will work closely with Sales Planning, Sales Finance, Accounting, and HR. You will report into the Program Manager within the Sales Planning & Incentives organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- This role is part of the center of excellence supporting compensation workstreams throughout this sales organization (pre-sales, post-sales, enterprise, international). This role will work closely with the sales planners, finance, HR/Legal, and payroll/accounting teams to own the implementation and administration of new and existing sales plans.
- This role will work closely with cross-functional partners to build and maintain sales payouts and supporting processes.
- Maintain a sales attainment database, Ad Hoc Data Requests (WBR, Analysis, Quarterly Retro Stats)
- Execute on commission tracking and disputes.
- Create and maintain key performance indicators and metrics to optimize compensation plan distribution and commission payouts.
- Create new processes to improve the central resources such as training/enablement, document current workstreams, and create a ticketing process that will be used across the sales organization.
- Become the subject matter expert of the specific sales incentives for each sales segment, while also gaining a comprehensive understanding of the sales process and drivers for each business unit we support.
- Create compelling and accurate visualization reports that track sales commissions while providing insights into business performance.
- Focus on improving standardization and automation of all processes to do with quota, incentive design and attainment/commissions tracking.
We’re excited about you because…
- Entrepreneurial – You have a bias towards action, an ownership mentality and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve and want to share the vision and direction of the company
- Gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 1-2+ years of experience in any of the following fields: strategy & operations, payroll/accounting, analytics, compensation administration, program management
- Bias for action to work with cross-functional partners, meet key business metrics, and succeed in a complex and fast moving environment
- Excellent program management skills who can execute across large sets of data to support a growing sales organization
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to Haves
- You have experience working with sales organizations, Accounting/Payroll, HR, Legal, and Finance
- You have experience with sales incentive design and compensation/payroll management
- You have experience with Incentive Management tools (e.g. Anaplan)
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.