About the Team
On the Merchant Strategy & Ops, Partner Operations team, our mission is to help Merchants operate on DoorDash by giving them tools and products to run their businesses. We work with many of the nation's top restaurant brands and our internal partners in Product and Analytics to build solutions that improve quality and make it easier for our merchants to grow their business and operate more effectively on the platform.
About the Role
As an Associate Manager, Strategy & Operations (Merchant Operations), you play an important role in helping our Merchants operate in the US market. You will create operational improvements in the Restaurant vertical through launching experiments, working on strategic projects, creating new internal processes, and working side-by-side with our Partner Operations leaders and cross functional teams as we work to build new features and ensure we're capturing the Merchant voice in everything we do.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Partner Operations in our US Restaurants Organization. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Understand top opportunities to increase operational performance for Merchants and co-create solutions to top operational pain points, while bringing your own hypotheses to the table
- Experiment – You’ll transform strategies into operational experiments that create measurable and actionable outcomes
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Product, Operations, and Platform teams to make sure merchants have the best possible experience when using DoorDash's services
- Go-to-market strategy - Build a strong understanding of product market fit and help launch operations initiatives with DoorDash’s top partners
- Analyze - You’ll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions and iterate based on data
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 4 + years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking / related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience a plus!
- Experience leading projects, working with other teams, and succeeding in a team environment
- Experience in a customer/client-facing role is advantageous
- You have advanced Excel skills (complex functions). SQL a plus!
- You always look for ways to improve
- You have bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or higher
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.