About the Team
DoorDash is on an exciting growth journey and we are on the lookout for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building and shaping our business in Canada. This is an exciting opportunity to build our Canadian employee experience as we define the international operating model for DoorDash. We are looking for people with deep local market knowledge who are inspired to bring their vision, passion, and skills to further unlock our team’s potential and enable us to best serve our merchants, Dashers, and consumers. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
At DoorDash our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to scale and evolve, the HR Business Partner (HRBP) will play a critical role in helping us build and shape our people processes and systems, drive continuous improvement and with a people first mindset enable a positive employee experience for our teams in Canada.
The HRBP team works closely with our business leaders to align on people and strategy. Our HRBPs assess, coach, and influence the business as we scale and evolve to enable our teams to accomplish amazing things. The HRBP for Canada is responsible for enabling market-level growth and success in the design and implementation of a suite of People programs, resources, and coaching.
The role will be a key partner to the Canada Leadership Community in building our foundational people strategy as we scale for growth. They will deliver the day-to-day HR support to employees, ensuring that we uphold best practices, remain compliant, and think intentionally about our uniquely Canadian DoorDash brand.
We need a versatile, quick-thinking team member to define and develop all aspects of the employee lifecycle in a growing market. The HRBP will partner closely with key Centers of Excellence such as Employee Relations, Recruiting, Compensation & Benefits, Legal, Culture & Belonging, and People Operations. We need an accomplished relationship builder to partner with COEs and HRBPs outside of Canada to deliver solutions like Organizational Design and Effectiveness, Workforce Planning, Performance Management, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
This role reports to the Director International HR, and will support a cross-functional team and work directly with the General Managers of Canada as their thought partner on all aspects of the people strategy.
Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to have access to the Toronto location of DoorDash on a regular basis in a hybrid model with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Are passionate about “the build” of a rapidly growing organization, and look forward to diving deep into data and finding trends and areas of opportunity where you know you can make a difference
- Build relationships with HRBPs and COE partners outside of Canada, representing the voice of Canadian employees, leaders, and candidates
- Take action and be a voice for employees within your market to deliver a uniquely Canadian DoorDash experience
- Be a voice for employees and leaders in your market to deliver a rewarding and compliant employee lifecycle
- Coach business leaders on people strategy, including team structure (org design), talent retention, performance management, compensation, and learning and development.
- Solve Employee Relations issues, finding trends and solutions that can be implemented at scale
- Lead business groups through DoorDash people programs (annual performance, compensation reviews, talent development)
- Develop and enforce HR policies and procedures specific to, and appropriate for, the local market
We’re excited about you because…
- 6+ years of HR/People experience with 3+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, high-performance culture where the business is constantly evolving
- You have strong knowledge of Canadian Employment legislation and best practices
- You have experience coaching leaders through performance management issues, annual planning, and talent programs
- You have the ability to think critically and anticipate issues before they arise, proactively recommending solutions
- You have excellent judgment and the ability to make sound decisions independently.
- You enjoy working with data, mining for trends and actionable insights
- You are an outstanding communicator with relationship building skills, and demonstrated experience building trust with HR partners in a larger organization.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.