About the Team
Data is at the foundation of DoorDash success. The Data Engineering team builds database solutions for various use cases including reporting, product analytics, marketing optimization and financial reporting. By implementing dashboards, data structures, and data warehouse architecture; this team serves as the foundation for decision-making at DoorDash.
To lead the growing team of Data and BI engineers we are looking for managers who are passionate about Data and are thought leaders in coaching, guiding and leading teams to make Data a winning edge for DoorDash.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Data Engineering Manager, to guide the development of enterprise-scale data solutions. This manager will also act as a technical expert on all things related to data architecture to empower the greater community of data engineers, data scientists, and DoorDash partners.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- You are a people leader. You thrive in hiring, building, growing and nurturing impactful business focused data teams.
- You are a technology leader. You drive the technical and strategic vision for the embedded pods and foundational enablers to meet current and future needs for scale and interoperability
- You strive for continuous improvement of data architecture and development process.
- You think of quick wins while planning for long term strategy and engineering excellence. You are excited about breaking down large systems into easy to use data assets and reusable components.
- You are excited about cross collaboration with stakeholders, external partners and peer data leaders.
- You are a planner and executioner. You know the tools to plan for short term and long term team and stakeholder success.
- You think of reliability and quality as must have.
We’re excited about you because…
- 10+ years of experience working in data engineering, business intelligence or a related domain
- 4+ years of hands-on management experience
- 4+ years of experience hiring and growing teams.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, with a proven ability to operate in a fast moving environment.
- Experience of performance management, coaching, mentoring and growing teams.
- Hands-on approach to closing gaps in data infrastructure and technical execution, able to code in SQL and Python
- Prior experience with Snowflake/Redshift, AWS/GCP, Hadoop/Spark/Big data, Lambda/KAPPA architectures, Flink/Airflow
- Prior experience with large scale batch/real time ETL orchestration
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.