About the role
DoorDash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. Through intelligent, last-mile delivery logistics, DoorDash empowers Dashers to connect people with the local merchants they care about -- helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses, while unlocking financial flexibility and freedom for millions of people across the world.
This role will report directly to the Senior Manager of Dasher Brand Marketing and work closely with DoorDash’s in-house creative studio, Strategy & Operations, Growth Marketing, CRM, PMM, Policy, Product, and collaborative external vendors to lead innovative, holistic marketing campaigns that celebrate and support Dashers in their experience. In this role, you’ll lead breakthrough brand strategies to drive acquisition and engagement with Dashers around key cultural moments and for strategic audiences.
This is a unique opportunity to help define and shape a fast-growing, global brand for millions of Dashers – and prospective Dashers – around the globe with the mission of “delivering good by connecting people and possibility."
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Understand our Dasher Brand Health, Net Promoter, Retention, Engagement, and Acquisition metrics to design and execute creative solutions.
- Leverage insights to create campaigns across passion points and key customer moments (may include Entertainment, Sports, Back to School, etc.).
- Lead 360 initiatives that reach strategic audiences, identifying opportunities and developing tactics that bring cultural relevance and cut through crowded conversations.
- Support Senior Manager on our biggest brand bets to drive impact on key brand health and business metrics.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across Growth, Creative, CRM, Social and PR to execute and amplify campaigns, while ensuring fit with overall DoorDash initiatives and communications timelines.
- Assess marketing opportunities to identify campaigns and partnerships through collaboration with the Insights team, data analysis, and other sources of information available within DoorDash; you commission external data when needed.
- Develop evergreen content strategies in close partnership with Growth Marketing to drive awareness and acquisition of new Dashers.
- Manage relationships with Marketing leads in emerging markets, sharing global marketing strategies, liaising on regional plans and ensuring global brand consistency.
- Use a data-first approach to optimize campaigns against our goals, improve retention and satisfaction, and drive results.
- Research emerging platforms and trends and stay on top of the landscape to inform new strategies.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are incredibly strategic - you understand the impact of your decisions for the short and long term, and you can manage both high level strategy and detailed execution
- You are highly organized - you can efficiently manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- You are a team player - you have the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members within the company
- You are comfortable with creativity, execution, and analytics - you can brainstorm campaign ideas, bring them to fruition, and prove out their success
- You have a keen attention detail - you can connect the dots across strategies to ensure we are aligned and in lockstep across teams and efforts to deliver a consistent experience for our stakeholders
- You are a doer - you’ve got bias to action in your DNA, and you’re known for getting the job done
- BA or equivalent work experience
- 5-7+ years of professional experience in marketing in a corporate or startup environment
- Thrive as a self-starter, in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Experience identifying, diagnosing and solving ambiguous problems
- Strong writing and communication skills, plus an innate sense for great design
- Fluency with data - including market/segment sizing, forecasting, and working with analytics to understand efficacy of campaigns after the fact
- Dashing experience is always a plus!
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders: Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic: We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning: We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed: We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash: The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.