About the Team
DoorDash Drive is our hyper-growth fulfillment platform (“white-label”) serving restaurants, grocers and retailers across the United States, Canada, Australia and Japan. The Voice Ordering team is responsible for helping our merchants optimize their 1st party channel by increasing phone order conversion and in-store efficiency.
About the Role
As a Manager on the Voice Ordering team, you will play a critical role in building and scaling the #1 voice ordering solution. This critical service allows Merchants to outsource taking orders over the phone, while also increasing order conversion rate and delivering a best in class consumer experience. The team has seen early success and we're looking for a Manager to:
- Lead Merchant relationships from pitch to pilot to full store rollouts
- Set and maintain volume and quality goals that surpass Merchant expectations
- Partner with Product & Eng to shape the product roadmap to maximize the value proposition of the service to Merchants
- Rollout new product features (e.g. AI voice automation, pay-by-text, etc) and measure the business impact
You are a first-principles thinker who is both a strategist and a builder. You’ll help define the vision, own and scale this massive opportunity, and work with product, sales, operations, business development, finance and other teams to make that vision a reality.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Steer the development, adoption, scaling of Voice Ordering
- Define the long term vision and product needed to offer best in class experience for merchants and consumers
- Work with business development, sales and account management to contribute to pitch decks and sales content to help create new business opportunities
- Develop long-term business plans alongside our collaborators and customers to grow our businesses together
- Implement product testing and roll-outs on the ground
We’re excited about you because…
- 5+ years of cross-functional leadership experience
- Are a self-starter who is energized by a difficult problem
- Passion for building
- Move quickly without sacrificing quality
- Are excited to test and learn
- Aren’t afraid of failure, and have demonstrated success in the face of roadblocks
- Display a high degree of ownership for projects
- Can be scrappy to hack solutions with limited resources
- Experience in a complex or high-growth environment required
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Masters Degree a plus
- Logistics, Product Management, Business Development and/or Partnerships experience a plus
- Strong data retrieval, analytics and presentation skills required
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.