About the Team
DoorDash’s New Business Verticals organization focuses on accelerating one of our strategic pillars - DashMart, our convenience & grocery delivery offering. We are hyper-focused on launching DashMart in the US and beyond, where many cross-functional teams are involved in a model that will continue to delight our customers. The Regulatory Operations team is responsible for managing the legal and compliance requirements to launch and maintain new DashMart facilities.
About the Role
We’re looking for an associate to join the Regulatory Operations team to introduce the DashMart business to local officials, to navigate district policies, and ultimately bring a wider array of convenience offerings to customer doorsteps, wherever that doorstep may be! You will report into the Senior Manager of Regulatory Operations in our New Business Verticals organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Influence key business decisions: You will be viewed as a subject matter expert on district regulations and use this knowledge to inform which sites are viable for the business.
- Act as a face of the business: Engage with city officials to introduce the DashMart model.
- Manage relationships: Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure sites launch on time and in compliance with local regulations.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity: Rapid change is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments.
We’re excited about you because…
- You can execute on multiple workstreams: DashMart has ambitious growth goals for 2022. You will work with multiple sites and teams simultaneously and meet key deadlines for all.
- You are a learner. You’re not afraid to dig in and unpack complex and unfamiliar scenarios. You use data and common sense to solve problems.
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot: You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable taking a step back to identify broader trends. No job is beneath you.
- You are a collaborator: You possess excellent communication, project management, and stakeholder management skills.
- You have 3+ years of post-graduate experience
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $89,888 - $121,613, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.