About the Team
New Verticals is a new, lean team at DoorDash accelerating DoorDash’s convenience & grocery offering. We are building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform. Within New Verticals, the DashMart team is launching dark convenience stores throughout the country.
About the Role
With DashMart facilities operational today across the US, and an exciting growth plan in front of us, there are a lot of teams involved in bringing these facilities to life. The Launch Project Management team is responsible for roadmapping, guiding, and improving the store launch process. We’re looking for folks to join the Project Management team where they will manage DashMart launches end to end, improve efficiency, manage cross-functional relationships, and ultimately delight our customers by bringing a wider array of grocery and convenience offerings to their doorstep! You will report to a Manager of Launch within the New Business Verticals Organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build processes: Drive progress on DashMart launches by ensuring that project milestones are met and work to generate creative solutions when they aren’t
- Develop relationships: Partner with third party vendors and cross functional teams to achieve design standards and ensure we’re on track
- Execute: You’ll be responsible for a variety of day to day operations:
- Verifying accurate data input internally and with cross functional teams across project management tools and business applications like Salesforce
- Owning portions of data management and input for project tracking
- Ensuring accurate purchase and accounting of thousands of dollars of equipment for each launch site by submitting procurement requests
- You’ll help us get 1% better every day: Coordinating the launch debrief process to gather input from cross functional partners and local operations- identifying areas of opportunity and developing plans to address those opportunities
We’re excited about you because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 3-5 years of experience. You’ve succeeded in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience).
Preferred skills/ experience
- Experience in cross functional environments/ teams
- G-Suite (Docs, Sheets)
- Project management tools (Asana, Monday, etc)
- Experience with Smartsheets
- Experience with SQL
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.