About the Team
DoorDash is looking for an entrepreneurial S&O Manager to help scale DoorDash at Colleges, one of our fastest growing new businesses. We're looking for unicorns–people who can think strategically at the highest level while simultaneously managing and executing the day-to-day actions necessary to achieve our ambitious goals. You have experience building, blending analytics and creativity to scope and solve complex problems; the ability to think about the short and long term goals; and experience managing critical initiatives from start to finish. In this role, you will scale a new business to consumers, merchants and dashers across DoorDash’s domestic markets.
About the Role
We're looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, data-driven, entrepreneurial, hands-on builder to help us take the DoorDash college experience to the next level, focusing on the differentiated DoorDash experience for a college student. To ensure we are properly serving college students, you’ll lead the ideation, planning, strategy, prioritization, and go-to-market for major product and operational projects that impact everyday behavior of students. Success in this role will be driving student adoption and engagement growth while balancing multiple projects and cross functional teams.
You will report into the General Manager on our College team in our Strategy & Operations organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. You'll have your fingerprints all over the College business. You'll work towards successful launches, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Experiment. There is not a written rule-book to success here. This leader must figure out how to get from A to B and constantly push to improve and test new opportunities to get 1% better everyday.
- Strategize. From first principles, you'll develop the strategy for best serving the unique college customer.
- Analyze. You'll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Lead. You'll hire and develop a high-quality team of Campus Launchers to grow your business line.
- Collaborate. You'll work with a cross-functional team, including engineering, product, design, operations, finance, and marketing to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are entrepreneurial. You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- You are a self-starter. You have a bias towards action and are excel in a fast-paced and evolving business
- You are a generalist. You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You act with urgency. Speed excites you. You prefer an accomplishment today to an accomplishment tomorrow.
- You're analytical. You let data win arguments, and you're comfortable pulling your own data in SQL and modeling in Excel.
- You're relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You solve problems from first principles. You're excited to solve problems in new ways, and you resist "this is how it's always been done" thinking.
- You succeed with a diverse set of responsibilities. You love working across a variety of disciplines and teams.
- You're persuasive. You speak as if you're right and listen as if you're wrong. You meet people on their level.
- You have 5+ years of experience in startups, strategy, consulting, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.