About the Team
On the Outside Account Management team, we develop DoorDash partners to capture engagement, growth, and performance on our platform. We will establish success and build a plan to reach new heights, while accommodating the various needs of our partners.
About the Role
We're looking for a Senior Manager, Regional Partner Strategy to lead and influence a team of Strategic Partner Managers and a Manager of Partner Strategy to achieve our goals of growing the merchant side of the DoorDash marketplace business. As a member of our Local Team, you will build our strategic advantage: winning and growing the best merchants in each city. As a Senior Manager, you will manage a team to improve the way we work, retain and build relationships with our partners. You will report to the Director of our West regional team within our Outside Account Management organization.
This position is open to applicants in all parts of Southern California (Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego,...) but will follow a hybrid model and requires 1-2 days of in-office work per week in our Los Angeles office.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead – Manage a team of Strategic Partner Managers that grow merchants relationships with our key local accounts across the region
- Influence – Work across our Merchant Operations, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, and Sales teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve market revenue goals
- Strategize – Work with our Merchant Operations team to accomplish a "winning with the merchant" operations strategy
- Develop Business – Produce new investment opportunities by being the local liaison for new products to roll out in your region. This includes everything from Drive to DoorDash For Business
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of merchant acquisition, engagement, and retention programs and experiments. Forecast and evaluate OKR achievement for our book of business
- Experiment – Use data and customer feedback to guide decisions on everything from commissary kitchens, to in-store marketing, to launching new products
We're excited about you because…
- 6+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / sales / operations / technology / analytics or related experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team to achieve personal and shared goals
- Experience in a client-facing or account management role
- Proven success in connecting regional team members across a larger mission and organization
- Experience from either the restaurant industry, small and medium business sales, or high-growth, early tech startup environments
- Experience with high-end restaurants or hospitality groups is a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.