About the Team
Drive is one of the fastest growing segments within DoorDash. We provide the premier white-label delivery capability, enabling our merchants to reach customers through their own first-party channels while leveraging their own brand identity and voice. At Drive we influence every element of our merchant partners’ business, from marketing, to customer experience, to operations. See here for more information.
About the Role
Drive is the fastest growing part of DoorDash, and the Drive Restaurants business still has a ton of room to grow. Clients with existing delivery fleets represent a significant strategic opportunity to the business. As a direct owner of this segment, you will be critical in helping us to build and execute on our growth strategy across some of the largest and most strategic clients to help us launch and scale our partnerships: understanding their needs, developing products, and partnering cross functionally to bring solutions forward.
Some examples of your responsibilities:
- P&L ownership, including making strategic investments that grow the business
- Building a go-to-market strategy for our newest partnerships and being a key advisor to existing ones
- Developing, implementing, and driving business-building strategies and scalable processes
- Designing a best-in-class operating playbook to drive merchant sales and profitability
- The best candidates will be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, willing to take on big challenges, and have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
You will report into the Head of Enterprise on our Drive Restaurants team in our Platform Products organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build and own the business – Drive growth and manage the P&L.
- Foster a Team – Manage + build a team of doers.
- Analytical - You are an excellent analytical thinker who can provide applicable recommendations out of complex datasets; SQL experience required
- Go-to-market strategy – Build a strong understanding of product market fit, value proposition, pricing, and the competitive landscape, and develop a go-to-market strategy based on these inputs.
- Business development – Develop and foster deep relationships with top priority partners to iterate and grow the business.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Product, Engineering, Finance, Analytics, Support, Integrations teams to drive growth and scale.
- Experiment – Evaluate and test new revenue, cost and quality drivers
We’re excited about you because…
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Entrepreneurial – Aren’t afraid of failure, and have demonstrated success in the face of roadblocks
- Humble – You’re willing to get your hands dirty and you’re open to feedback.
- Problem Solver – You have a talent for synthesizing complex problems and can translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Persuasive – You’re excellent at motivating potential partners to see the benefits DoorDash Drive will bring to their business
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, Masters Degree or MBA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, or operations; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.