About the Team
The Logistics organization at Doordash is looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong product sense to oversee the Market Intelligence & Dynamics team.
We envision this team will enable DoorDash to provide the highest-quality experience to all audiences (Cx/Dx/Mx) by executing targeted local strategies that can be scaled to manage markets more efficiently - starting with sub-market level deep dives compared to global approaches taken by partner teams. Make Logistics highly efficient and enable DoorDash to solve high-quality problems in any market. This is the team that will help DoorDash shine at the edges !
We want to build software that is fast, reliable and efficient and most importantly support real use cases that span across our entire ecosystem. This team will span mobile, web, backend engineers and will work across multiple platforms. You will partner with product leads, operations and data scientists to power upper-funnel growth and on-time fulfillment of billions of orders a year across 1P and 3P use-cases, and build experiences that delight DoorDash’s customers.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an engineering manager with strong product and engineering sense to join our Logistics organization. You will lead a team of engineers across the stack and also hire and grow the team. This role will lead, strategize and develop top notch experiences to provide high efficiencies in Local Markets by working with Product & Ops to build out the right product features and infrastructure. This leader will play a multi-faceted role spanning product, tech and ops and tackle stimulating technical challenges. The team champions state of the art capabilities and will be a major player for the success of DoorDash as a leading logistics technology company.
Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Scale the team by bringing in world class talent.
- Building out product, tech and infrastructure solutions for supporting Logistics at DoorDash.
- Work on novel problems and pioneer the next level challenges in Logistics.
- Maintain high availability and fault tolerant critical services.
We’re excited about you because…
- Lead high-impact tech initiatives that shape key inputs into our logistics systems.
- Able to lead full-stack engineering teams - backend, web, mobile, and machine learning.
- High-energy and confident - you’ll do whatever it takes to win.
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work.
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback.
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting.
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team.
- 3+ years of experience in people management.
- Extensive experience as an engineer in building, shipping and supporting business-facing products and/or architecting large scale platforms.
- Well versed in operating in fast-paced environments and navigating ambiguity.
- Able to deliver on immediate goals and form long-term strategies on technology, process, and people
- Demonstrated experience in hiring and growing teams and nurturing and growing talent.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional stakeholders and managing stakeholder interactions and leadership communication for highly visible initiatives.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.