About the Team
The Construction and Project Management team acts as an integral part of the DoorDash Workplace team. We manage the first phase in delivering best in class office and industrial and/or retail space to support the diverse and growing DoorDash needs. We build offices that are inclusive, inspirational, and functional, as well as commercial spaces that are efficient and adaptable. We want to remove any and all friction in the physical space that prevents our employees from doing the very best work of their careers.
You’ll be a vital part of a team that helps prepare DoorDash for where it is going, and enables the continued growth of our platform.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Manager, Construction Operations to report to the Senior Manager of Construction and Project Management. In this role, you will support process improvement and initiatives driving the rapid scaling of our DashMart, Kitchens, and Corporate office footprints. You will need to be a master at handling multiple tasks and projects with a “no-job-is-too-small” attitude, an ability to take thoughtful initiative, and the desire to go above and beyond. This role will require exceptional communication skills, resourcefulness, the ability to work well with a diverse range of personalities and perspectives, and the desire for continuous improvement as you find scalable solutions to complex problems.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Become an integral member of the Construction Management team, supporting hyper-growth across our portfolio.
- Partner with the Real Estate Transactions team, the Workplace and Facilities teams, and various Cross functional Partners (DDE, DDK, Labs, Corp) to understand strategic goals, priorities, and deliver on desired outcomes.
- Manage a team of Construction Analysts in the delivery of process improvements, standardization across regions, and documentation of global processes.
- Operate at the Lowest Level of Detail to analyze cross functional data in order to align key measurements and optimize resourcing.
- Develop meaningful cadence of analysis and automation of data, leading the effort of building a synchronized platform across all Real Estate teams.
- Responsible for ensuring that end to end process and playbooks are globally adopted.
- Develop quality reports/metrics to analyze key processes.
- Identify and implement a programmatic approach to auditing success of quarterly objectives set by team at key milestones throughout the project lifecycle.
- Conduct root cause analysis of issues and develop corrective action plans and/or preventative resolutions in collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Work closely with a diverse team that will include vendors, internal cross-functional partners, and outsourced support.
- Be responsible for creating and managing regular communication and status reports to ensure all stakeholders are well informed at every stage of your projects.
- Be highly organized and able to manage many distinct projects simultaneously.
- Travel as needed to assist with project coordination.
We’re excited about you because…
- Are Customer Obsessed with a passionate drive to, take initiative, and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Have strong data analysis skills using various tools such as Excel, Google sheets, Smartsheets, etc.
- Think big, and Start Small with a thoughtful process of analyzing data and circumstances to solve problems and reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Value our One Team, One Fight mentality by partnering effectively to execute on our common goals in a pleasant and energetic manner.
- Have a Bias for Action with an appreciation and understanding of our mission in order to make sound, timely contributions.
- Strive to be 1% Better Everyday with your openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
- Choose Optimism and Have a Plan, whether it's a big project or impromptu task, you are quick on your feet and happy to contribute in a helpful, organized way.
- Have 10+ years of recent Construction and Operations Management experience (preferably in tech).
- Manage mid sized team while also managing individual projects.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.