About the Team
The DoorDash Consumer Growth team is a high-impact team responsible for making DoorDash the #1 Local Commerce app. Working together with Product and Marketing, we focus on initiatives that drive user acquisition, activation, and retention, and shape the company’s long-term growth strategy. As strategic owners of consumer growth, we also work cross-functionally with multiple business verticals to identify, design, and execute additional opportunities across our marketplace.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Associate who can tackle complex problems and collaborate across the business to deliver on the team’s growth vision and roadmap. You’ll manage critical initiatives from start to finish: identifying opportunities, setting the right goals, developing testing plans, evaluating tradeoffs, and pulling in the right resources to execute. It’s important that you balance thinking strategically at the highest level, while simultaneously managing and executing the day-to-day actions necessary to achieve our ambitious goals.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own and Operate short- and long-term projects and solutions across our three key pillars: Acquisition, Activation, and Retention.
- Analyze: Uncover trends and identify potential opportunities to drive growth forward
- Strategize, Test, and Build: Create and execute plans from the ground up, including operationally testing and validating hypotheses, and working with other teams to accelerate their roadmap.
- Manage Trade-Offs: Understand drivers of impact and know when to double down or try something new. Evaluate and make an informed decision on whether to prioritize short- or long-term impact.
- Collaborate: Work with a variety of teams including product, finance, analytics, marketing, support, operations, and other cross-functional business units
- Influence: Thoughtfully navigate how other teams’ work impacts our growth goals, including identifying competing priorities, balancing risks, and making decisions that are best for the company.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have 3+ years of previous experience working in similar growth-related roles at e-commerce, marketplace companies, or other related areas
- Thrive as both a generalist and specialist who can build the overarching strategy and dive deep into specific issues & processes to drive continuous improvement
- Balance and understand how near-term actions today will have ripple effects on long-term results, navigate the tradeoffs of specific decisions or strategies
- Are a self-starter who is biased towards action and excels in a fast-paced environment
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and bring structure, organization, and focus to your work and cross-functional teams
- Have a strong knowledge of Excel and SQL. You’re comfortable pulling your own data, creating analyses, and translating findings into a plan
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.