About the Team
DoorDash Drive is our hypergrowth fulfillment platform serving restaurants, grocers, and retailers across the United States and Internationally. As an associate on our Drive Restaurants team, you’ll be responsible for articulating and executing our go-to-market strategy for various growth initiatives as well as partnering with our largest and most strategic clients in order to understand needs and develop solutions to better serve them.
Drive is a white label order fulfillment service where our Merchants receive orders from their own customers. Using their native channels, the Merchant is responsible for ingesting the order, tendering customers’ payment, and requesting the dasher from DoorDash. See here for more information.
About the Role
Drive is the fastest growing part of DoorDash, and the Drive Restaurants business still has a ton of room to grow. Merchants with existing delivery fleets represent a significant strategic opportunity to the business. As a direct owner of this segment, you will be critical in helping us to build and execute on our growth strategy across some of the largest and most strategic Mx - understanding their needs, developing products, partnering cross functionally to bring solutions forward.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will …
- Build and own the business – Drive growth and support the team that owns the Large Order P&L.
- Business development – Develop and foster deep relationships with top priority merchant partners to iterate and grow the business. Key Merchant point of contact within the Drive Rx team
- Go-to-market strategy – Build a strong understanding of product market fit, value proposition, pricing, and the competitive landscape, and help the team develop a go-to-market strategy based on these inputs.
- Improve the product – Guide operational improvements for our merchant partners by understanding their needs and working with internal partners to design solutions throughout the product experience.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Product, Engineering, Finance, Analytics, Support, Sales and Account Management teams to drive growth and scale.
- Experiment – Evaluate and test various volume, revenue, cost and quality drivers.
We’re Excited About You Because…
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- You have 2+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development/Sales, or operations; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- You have some Sales experience
- Your expert communication and interpersonal skills set you apart
- You are an strong analytical thinker who can provide applicable recommendations out of complex dataset
- You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You have Sales experience and excel at connecting with Merchants / clients to promote products
- You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- You’re willing to get your hands dirty and you’re open to feedback.
- You’re excellent at motivating potential partners to see the benefits DoorDash Drive will bring to their business
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.