DoorDash is looking for top-class machine learning engineers to build scalable, highly reusable and data-driven ML solutions for consumer recommendations.
About the Role
Machine learning engineers on the Discovery team have the opportunity to dive into a wealth of consumer relevance data, and leverage advanced machine learning ranking and recommendation techniques to maximize the values for consumers, merchants and Doordash.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Develop advanced machine learning models to improve homepage conversion rates and efficiency
- Design and develop multi-objective ranking system to fulfill rapid growing business needs
- Establish a canonical source of truth for consumer persona and embeddings to better target their tastes and preferences
- Be responsible for the end-to-end ML lifecycle, including ideation, offline model training, online shadowing/deployment, experimentation, and post-launch monitoring/measurement.
- Scale our consumer feed services to fuel the growth of our business.
- Collaborate with other engineers, data scientists, and teammates across the product and business organizations
We're excited about you because you have...
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in a technical field such as computer science, machine learning, NLP, AI, mathematics, statistics or equivalent.
- 2+ years ML industry experience with a solid understanding of machine learning algorithms and fundamentals.
- Experience building data/feature engineering pipelines at scale using Pyspark and Snowflake SQL.
- Experience with building machine learning systems in production by using frameworks such as PyTorch, Keras, lightgbm, scikit-learn, Spark ML, or related.
- Result oriented, growth mindset and strong ownership
- Experiences in any of the following areas are preferred but not required:
- Recommendation system
- Relevance & ranking
- Content understanding
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.