About the Team
The Merchant is at the core of DoorDash. The Merchant Team powers many facets of our business and is one of the primary drivers of growth and revenue. On the Merchant Strategy & Ops team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant selection, build cutting edge services for our merchants to grow their business, and help our partners operate seamlessly. Our International team is situated across multiple geographies and works closely with our global counterparts to share best practices and key learnings.
About the Role
We are looking for an operator with a strong bias to action who loves using data to solve problems. You’ll join the Restaurant Selection team, where we’re focused on building the best merchant base for our customers. In this role, you’ll own the selection intelligence function in Canada, which will involve developing go-to-market strategies, launching experiments and supporting growth initiatives that will allow us to acquire differentiated selection for our customers. You enjoy working cross-functionally and will work closely with data science, engineering, product, and sales operations teams.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Operate & Build – Drive the strategy & execution for new DoorDash Selection initiatives to help build and retain a differentiated merchant base
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making to run tests or develop insights to inform strategic initiatives
- Influence & Work Cross Functionally – Work cross-functionally across the Merchant Organization and broader DoorDash
- Make Stuff Happen - You handle chaos and complexity, in a detailed and structured way and have a strong bias to action that brings your plans to life in execution.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a proven operator - You have 3+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / program management / technology / banking or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- You are analytical – You let data tell the story and you're comfortable modeling in Excel. SQL knowledge is a plus.
- You are a collaborator - You have a proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally, and succeeding in a team first environment
- You are a problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans.
- You are a strong communicator – You tell the story to different audiences and through different mediums - strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.