About the Team
At DoorDash, the needs of our customers lead the product strategy. We believe that the best customer experience is synonymous with the success of our business in the long run. The Dasher & Logistics team plays an important role as we work to achieve our vision of bringing financial stability and mobility to anyone on the planet.
As a Product Designer on the Dasher Money team, you'll have the opportunity to design innovative experiences that support Dashers in achieving their life goals with solutions for their day-to-day and long-term financial needs.
The broader Dasher & Logistics team has multiple sub-teams that support the overall Dasher experience:
- Dasher Growth: Get new Dashers started and make their first few days, weeks and months delightful.
- Dasher Platform: Create foundational experiences for all teams at DoorDash to unlock new logistics and fulfillment-related businesses.
- Dash Corps: Enable full-time courier employees with a new app designed specifically for their unique work, which includes job responsibilities beyond delivery.
- Money: Help Consumers and Dashers handle their money on the platform on their terms.
- Pay: Make sure that every delivery and every hour a Dasher spends on the road is worthwhile.
- Quality: Maintain the highest quality fleet on the planet, with reliable, on-time, and seamless deliveries with no defects.
- Safety, Identity & Fraud: Create product experiences that prevent, mitigate and respond to any kind of risk to ensure a safe logistics platform for all sides of our marketplace.
- Supply: Help Dashers decide the best times and places to dash.
All teams support the quality of the overall Dasher app including usability, interaction/visual design, and design systems compliance.
About the Role
This role sits within the Logistics Platform Design team, where we work across all sides of the marketplace (Merchant, Dasher, and Consumer) with a focus on quality, efficiency, and experience.
In this role, you will drive the vision, strategy, and execution of your cross-functional team. You will work with a multidisciplinary team of product managers, developers, researchers, and content strategists to deliver world class experiences that solve complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own the user experience of products end-to-end, including contributing to product strategy running design sprints, and crafting visions
- Deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Design and ship high quality product improvements
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a senior level IC with 5+ years of work experience
- You thrive in ambiguous environments, and bring clarity to your teams through your mastery of the design process (and the occasional design sprint)
- You have a passion for simplifying complicated design problems
- You skillfully balance strategy, research, interaction design, and visual design to achieve simple and elegant solutions
- You are comfortable working within complex systems and technologies
- You value high quality well crafted visual design, and care about the details
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.