About the Team
Come help us build the world's most trusted on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're building a team of great minds to help us secure and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s multi-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and drivers.
About the Role
As the Director of IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance you will work within the Information Security organization and report directly to the CISO. You will work with industry leaders across the company to design scalable security and IT compliance processes to support company growth while managing risk, including acquisitions and new product launches. The team is also responsible for engineering, operations, as well as governance functions.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Drive the IT risk assessment program and its inclusion in the enterprise risk program
- Create and maintain information security policies and standards aligned with ISO 27001, addressing compliance and legal obligations
- Deliver a comprehensive security awareness program, including annual training, newsletters, and interactive activities
- Participate in and create compliance programs supporting new product launches and acquisitions
- Manage the company’s corporate compliance initiatives, including SOX ITGC, SOC 1, SOC 2, ISO 27001 and PCI
- Engage and manage external auditors supporting IT security and compliance assessments
- Create an end-to-end vendor security program, including architecture reviews, periodic compliance reviews, onboarding and offboarding processes
- Design and implement an access governance program, including request and approvals, and manage periodic access certifications
- Drive initiatives to reduce end user security risk through processes and tooling
- Partner with other security and engineering leaders to implement Data Retention, BCP/DR, and DLP programs
- Implement systems and processes to support governance and risk management programs
We’re excited about you because…
- You have at least 10 years experience in security or compliance with 5+ years in a management role.
- You have built and aligned teams to organizational compliance needs.
- You have a deep understanding of how to build security and compliance programs with a variety of constraints and frameworks (e.g. SOX ITGC, PCI, SOC 2, ISO 27001, etc.) on tight timelines
- You are able to operate in a fast-paced environment and are able to handle a number of simultaneous projects and tasks while demonstrating urgency and ownership to drive issues to completion.
- You have a strong ability to work with minimum direction and possess a high drive for results.
- You are a leader, coach and enjoy creating opportunities for others.
- You are organized and an excellent written and verbal communicator.
Nice to have...
Experience with these specific technologies or similar alternatives is not required but helpful.
- Certifications highly desired (CISA, CIA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Management Systems
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.