About the Team
The Finance & Strategy team accelerates the growth of our business by implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model. We're looking for people who can model the future and collaborate to help carry projects from conception through execution. On a typical day, you may extract insights from data, build business cases for new products, and design and launch pilots.
About the Role
This role provides a unique opportunity to drive finance business partnership and strategy at a hyper-growth company. We are looking for a Senior Associate who will work as a member of DoorDash’s Finance & Strategy team, partnering with our Sales organizations in order to support our sales productivity as we acquire new merchants. Your work will include but is not limited to planning and budgeting guidance, compensation review, and partnering with the sales organization on strategic initiatives. You will also partner directly with the finance manager and senior finance manager on policy, governance, and process improvement. We are looking for someone with a combination of business partnership and sales finance experience who has partnered or led projects across multiple organizations.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with partners to develop new processes and investment frameworks
- Work to increase our approach to balancing growth vs. profitability
- Identify and measure important risks and opportunities in our business
- Support non-finance stakeholders in analysis, planning, and forecasting
- Analyze business/financial Measurements, uncover trends and assess current/future business risks and opportunities
We’re excited about you because…
- Creating structure from ambiguity. You know how to take very broad challenges or opportunities and turn them into actionable projects with clear milestones and goals, with minimal guidance.
- Indirect leadership. You excel at building cross-functional relationships, gaining input & consensus from key stakeholders, and knowing how to motivate and organize teams behind a shared goal.
- Insatiable curiosity. You are constantly exploring, asking questions, and working to uncover new insights about our business.
- Expert investigative skills. You quickly and easily manipulate millions of transactions or events to find patterns and discover new opportunities.
- Self starter. You take the initiative, and are always looking for new ways to contribute and make an impact.
- Relentless. Things never quite go according to plan. You have the determination and grit to keep working a problem as new challenges emerge, together with the flexibility to adjust plans or strategies as needed.
- Ownership mentality. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to drive results, even if it’s outside your normal areas of focus.
- Get-it-done attitude. You’re not afraid of long hours, able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- Expert financial modeling. Your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive. We generally switch between Excel and SQL depending on the need -- Excel for simpler analyses & outputs, and SQL to run simulations at the delivery or customer level.
- 3+ years of strategic finance or corporate finance experience at a high-growth technology startup or well-established company
- Collaborate with partners at all levels within an organization
- Experience managing budgets for major teams within an organization
- Advanced Excel (can perform complex functions) and financial modeling skills. Build financial models used by teams throughout the company, and to size opportunities and build business cases for pursuing new projects
- Basic Analytics tools proficiency (or willingness to learn). Manipulate large datasets, uncover hidden insights in our data, and improve our understanding of our business through this process
- Experience in sales finance preferred
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.