About the Team
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Merchant Strategy & Operations Manager to help scale our growing suite of merchant products. You’ll work cross-functionally between product, marketing, analytics, sales, account management and operations to drive adoption of our growing merchant product suite, helping our partners build their own ecommerce channels and grow via our marketplace.
On the Merchant Strategy & Ops team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant selection, build cutting edge services for our merchants to grow their business, and help our partners operate efficiently on the platform. We act as the conduit between our sales and product teams by building effective go-to-market strategies for product initiatives and features, while influencing the product roadmap based on the needs of our partners.
About the Role
As a Senior Merchant Strategy & Operations Manager, you’ll drive adoption and growth of our full suite of merchant products and services. You’ll help set our product go-to-market strategy, operationalize plans, collect learnings, and establish the foundation for new ideas to scale. This will include building and executing playbooks to scale multiple products, their features and introduce new services to hit growth targets.
This role sits at the intersection of our revenue generation engine and our business teams, and as such will require ruthless prioritization and data-driven decision-making to ensure our teams are working against the right goals and have the tools needed to achieve them.
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and has exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Please note: due to current circumstances, our recruiting process is currently being run entirely via phone and Zoom video conference. If you require any accommodations, please let your recruiter know.
You’re excited about this opportunity because...
- You’ll strategize – Build the strategy for adoption at the product level, including which merchants segments to target and how to effectively drive engagement
- You’ll implement – Drive go to market planning & execution for new initiatives to help our merchants grow
- You’ll analyze – Build models to define product success, new product KPIs, and support our cross-functional teams
- You’ll experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to execute tests on everything from adoption to optimization
- You’ll influence – Work cross-functionally with our Merchant Product & Ops teams to land key initiatives
We’re excited about you because…
- You’re a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You’re naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- You’re gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You’re a relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- You’re a problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 8+ years of experience in strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking / consulting or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading highly cross-functional initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a complex and fast-moving environment
- Expert interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex datasets; SQL is a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.