About the Team
Drive is one of the fastest growing segments within DoorDash. We provide the premier white-label delivery capability, enabling our merchants to reach customers through their own first-party channels while leveraging their own brand identity and voice. At Drive we influence every element of our merchant partners’ business, from marketing, to customer experience, to operations.
About the Role
We’re looking for an Associate Manager to help us launch and scale our partnerships with large US MidMarket clients. MidMarket clients have a unique blend of national scale and agility, allowing for high growth impact. This is not a sales or account management role – you will be a general manager with a broad set of responsibilities, including:
- P&L ownership, including making strategic investments that grow the business
- Launching new merchant businesses and being a key advisor to existing ones
- Developing, implementing, and driving business-building strategies
- Designing a best-in-class operating playbook to drive merchant sales and profitability
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to improve our product
The best candidates will be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, willing to take on big challenges, and have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Grow the product — You will be directly responsible for building and growing a business, including developing tailored growth/marketing strategies and leveraging DoorDash technology, talent and resources
- Lead with a Merchant-First Approach — As the voice of your clients you’ll be the expert on some of DoorDash’s most important merchants, creating a high degree of visibility and responsibility
- Collaborate — You’ll work closely with cross-functional partners from Product, Engineering, Support, and Marketing to drive execution excellence and innovation to make the company 1% better every day
- Scale learnings — You’ll drive thought leadership and best practices that can be leveraged across DoorDash; some of our best products and capabilities started as initiatives on the Enterprise team
We’re excited about you because…
- Proactive — you’re motivated by the opportunity to deliver genuine value to our partners and build this business, and you’re willing to dive right in!
- Persuasive — you have a high EQ and you’re excellent at motivating potential partners to see the benefits of DoorDash Drive
- Humble — you’re willing to get your hands dirty, collaborate with others, and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable — things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Entrepreneurial — willing to go above and beyond to help DoorDash succeed; this is not your typical client-management role
- Experienced —
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, Masters Degree or MBA is a plus
- 4+ years of general management, consulting, finance, or project management
- High-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus, but not necessary
- Strong project management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders — Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers — We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners — We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed — Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash — The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.