About the Team
The Dasher Retention team’s mission is to create accessible and rewarding economic opportunities that empower Dashers to reach their goals. We develop lasting relationships with our Dashers by building a best-in-class lifecycle program to connect, educate, and support them from sign-up through their last dash. Our focus areas include improving the onboarding process, designing innovative retention programs, strategizing incentive structures to motivate Dashers long-term, and maintaining healthy fleet dynamics in each city as the business grows in scale and complexity. Our team has diverse skill sets across marketing, strategy, and operations that allow us to test and scale programs that improve the dashing experience.
About the Role
As the Manager of Retention Marketing, you will own communications and programs to improve Dasher (Driver) onboarding and retention as we expand our business into new verticals. This role will focus on encouraging Dashers to adopt new categories like grocery and alcohol delivery with confidence. You will collaborate with all parts of the business to create and execute CRM campaigns across email, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messaging that have a direct impact on the expansion of new verticals as well as the greater business.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will…
- Create the strategy and framework to customize the Dasher communications to account for new verticals like grocery, alcohol delivery, convenience, and more.
- Create CRM automations and execute on an A/B testing roadmap (layout, format, frequency, cadence, creative, copy, etc.) to continuously improve email performance
- Use data and qualitative insights to identify and solve pain points for Dashers
- Manage end-to-end development and execution of email, SMS, push and in-app campaigns. Includes driving the creative review process, collaborating with designers and copywriters, identifying target audience segments and capturing feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Set up and monitor complex journeys, triggers and automations, partnering with engineering to ensure dynamic events and data are properly routed to our CRM platform
- Partner closely with numerous stakeholders and teams to craft programs that will improve personalization and accelerate order acceptance from our Dashers
- Analyze campaign results, develop benchmarks, and create and share regular performance reports
We’re Excited About You Because…
- 5+ years experience in lifecycle, email, or retention marketing, working on new verticals expansion is a plus
- Strong analytical skills; able to create data-driven marketing campaigns end to end
- A record of driving business results via cross- channel marketing campaigns
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Deep experience with CRM technology including ESPs, segmentation tools, and complex data structures and systems; Experience with Iterable is a plus
- Familiarity with data visualization platforms such as Tableau, Looker, Periscope, etc.
- Extremely organized, dependable, self-motivated & ability to multi-task
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.