About the Team
We're looking for a Strategy & Operations Associate to help build and shape the future of New Verticals at DoorDash with our Cost & Efficiency team.
The Cost & Efficiency team’s focus is to drive cost and efficiency savings through New Verticals (specifically the Convenience, Grocery & Alcohol verticals) to empower operational leverage and growth. Together, we're building the world's most efficient and reliable same-day logistics platform to fulfill our vision of empowering all local businesses.
The projects we work on are diverse and have the potential to impact each side of our marketplace - from Dashers, to Consumers, to Merchants. Some examples of projects include:
- Driving in-store efficiency savings to reduce overall Dasher Shop & Deliver pick times as well as pick time variability, and improve overall business performance
- Running experiments to better meet Dasher expectations and power more cost effective deliveries
- Creating accessible and rewarding economic opportunities that empower Dashers to reach their goals
- Building the future of same-day and flexible Logistics networks and optimizing affordability for Consumers
- Getting every delivery right and ensuring that no defects occur at any point in the delivery life cycle, so that Dashers, Consumers, and Merchants alike have a great experience using the DoorDash platform
About the Role
Strategy & Operations Associates are responsible for diving into some of our toughest operational problems to understand what’s driving them and running experiments to drive improvement.
Our best Associates are truth seekers who enjoy solving difficult problems, working across the organization and trying to get 1% better everyday. They combine business context and analytics to take a problem area and implement a customized solution.
In a typical day, you may complete a variety of tasks such as devising and executing experiments to drive growth, diving into data using analytical modeling and SQL skills to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, and building reports and tools that allow teams to scale their work 10x. This person will be highly analytical, data-driven, and have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. They're generalists who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful. You will work on cross-functional initiatives coordinating across product, engineering, data science, finance, and more to bring projects from 0-1 and 1-100. You will report to a Manager on our Cost & Efficiency team in the Strategy & Operations organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build new capabilities, experiences, and businesses that have not been attempted before, you’re excited about the opportunity to create the impossible.
- Use data-driven analysis to run process improvement tests
- Work with a cross-functional team including operations, marketing, analytics, finance, and product to bring your ideas to market.
- Build models and process flows to evaluate quantitative and qualitative business cases for process improvement opportunities
- Operate at the lowest level of detail to understand the impact of your decisions and iterate given insights from data, you’re excited to dig into the details to pull out the real insights
- Continuously engage and cultivate relationships with customers to understand their needs and identify strategic bets that can create step-change improvements for them.
- Look for ways to improve and want to shape the direction of the company
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You are a problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- You are gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You are analytical – You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL and modeling in Excel.
- You are relentless and hungry to learn – You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 1+ years of experience in strategy & operations, consulting, banking, tech etc.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
The base salary range in New York City for this position is $86,000 - $102,000, plus opportunities for equity. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.