About the Team
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Manager of Strategy & Operations to help grow the DashPass subscription business. We are seeking someone to join our team who can work with data to identify opportunities, partner cross-functionally to execute on initiatives, own a P&L, operate at the lowest level of detail, and design creative solutions that drive DashPass growth. DashPass is one of DoorDash’s fastest growing products, meaning you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the company at large.
About the Role
A Senior Manager of Strategy & Operations oversees the strategic development of our business. On a typical day you might build a strategy for a new initiative, run and refine experiments, dive into data to explain performance fluctuations, launch initiatives to course correct, build processes that enable teams to scale their work 10x, and ensure we are always executing with excellence.
Our best Senior Managers of Strategy & Operations are motivated, data-driven, analytical, creative, positive, and have exceptional interpersonal skills. They're generalists who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize - Innovate and work on product strategy within the DashPass business
- Engage – Implement scalable initiatives and best practices to deliver a world-class subscriber experience
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making to run tests that accelerate our growth
- Execute – Build the foundation of a brand new team and product offering from the ground up
- Analyze – Dive into the weeds of complicated data models and cost/ benefit analysis to drive the business unit forward
- Influence – Partner with teams spanning: Product, Finance, Analytics, Corporate Development, Marketing, Sales, and external partners
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 8-10 years experience in strategy, operations, product, growth, analytics, corporate development, or related; subscription experience is a major plus
- You have a track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You are fluent in SQL & Excel and are able to rapidly solve analytical problems
- You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a constantly changing environment
- You can translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- You can own outcomes and make an impact on our most critical growth and profitability metrics
- You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- You seek exposure to different types of problems
- You influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.