DoorDash is looking for a Strategy & Operations Manager on our Dasher & Logistics team to help grow and manage the business.
About The Team
The Strategy & Operations Dasher & Logistics team oversees strategic growth at DoorDash powered by best in class logistics operations. Together, we're building the world's most efficient and reliable same-day logistics platform to fulfill our vision of empowering all local businesses.
The projects we work on are diverse and have the potential to impact all our audiences - from Dashers, to Consumers, to Merchants. Some examples of projects include:
- Building the future of same-day and flexible Logistics networks while also expanding Merchant selection and improving affordability for Customers
- Mobilizing Dashers to meet Consumer demand in a cost-effective manner, and running experiments to better meet Dasher expectations and optimize Dasher supply performance
- Creating accessible and rewarding economic opportunities that empower Dashers to reach their goals
- Getting every delivery right and ensuring that no defects occur at any point in the delivery life cycle so that Customers have a great experience ordering on DoorDash
About the Role
Strategy & Operations Managers are leaders responsible for understanding some of our toughest operational problems and implementing solutions.
Our best Strategy & Operations Managers are self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. They are generalists who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful.
In a typical day, Strategy & Operations Managers may work to define the value of a new initiative, run and refine experiments to drive company growth, dive into data to explain market performance at the lowest level of detail, build tools that allow teams to scale their work 10x, and work side-by-side with cross-functional teams spanning product, engineering, data science, finance, and more to develop our future product.
You will report to a Senior Manager or Director on our Dasher & Logistics team in the Strategy & Operations organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize - Innovate and execute on unique strategies across our three sided marketplace.
- Engage – implement scalable initiatives and best practices to ensure a world-class operation
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform.
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of various programs and experiments
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, etc. teams to drive strategic initiatives and harness opportunities.
- Participate in any company-wide training programs (WeDash, etc.)
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You are a problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- You are accountable - You want to own the outcome and make an impact on our most critical growth and profitability metrics
- You are an entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- You are a generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You are gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You are an relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- You have 5+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- You have a proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You are an expert communication and interpersonal skills
- You have advanced Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $115,000 - $149,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.