About the Team
New Verticals is a new, lean team at DoorDash. We're building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform to support grocery, convenience, and alcohol delivery.
You will be joining the Product Operations team which is a platform team that supports all of our New Verticals; such as Grocery, Convenience and Alcohol, and emerging use cases like Retail. Working with our Strategy & Operations team and Product, we are focused on creating the best-in-class shopping experience for our Dashers to fulfill non-Restaurant orders. We are a high-impact team who enjoys finding creative solutions to complex problems.
About the Role
We're looking for a data-driven, entrepreneurial, hands-on builder to help us ensure we’re prioritizing, building, and maintaining the highest quality products and product features for our customers (Dashers, Consumers, & Merchants). As a Senior Manager on the New Verticals Product Operations team, you will:
- You will drive successful product prioritization and go-to-market while partnering with cross-functional teams across operations, product, data & analytics, and engineering.
- Hire, develop, & lead a high performing team of Product Operations Managers who cover key opportunity areas, such as Dasher logistics, cost, and efficiency.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. You'll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash's next big business. You'll work towards scaling something completely new and getting 1% better everyday. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Strategize. From first principles, you'll develop the strategy for best serving our customers.
- Analyze. You'll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Lead. You'll hire and develop a high-quality team to grow your business line.
- Collaborate. You'll work with a cross-functional team, including engineering, product, design, operations, finance, and marketing to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
We're excited about you because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You're excited to solve problems in new ways, and you resist "this is how it's always been done" thinking.
- You succeed with a diverse set of responsibilities. You love working across a variety of disciplines and teams.
- You're analytical. You let data win arguments, and you're comfortable pulling your own data in SQL and modeling in Excel.
- You're persuasive. You speak as if you're right and listen as if you're wrong. You meet people on their level.
- You act with urgency. Speed excites you. You prefer an accomplishment today to an accomplishment tomorrow.
- You're relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 8+ years of experience. You've succeeded in a competitive environment.
- You have 2+ years of team management experience. Building and developing a team is something you are passionate about.
- You have experience building something from 0 to 1.
- You have an interest in logistics, on-demand services, and marketplaces and have worked in the space before.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
The base salary range in New York City for this position is $170,000 - $215,000, plus opportunities for equity. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Per the New York City Commissioner’s Order Requiring COVID-19 Vaccination in the Workplace, dated December 13, 2021 (as modified), employees who work on-site at a DoorDash office are required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to the employer before entering the workplace.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.