About the Team
New Verticals (Retail) is a new and exciting team at DoorDash. We're building and scaling our next big businesses on the DoorDash Marketplace platform, focusing on markets beyond food (e.g., Pet Supplies, Beauty, Home, and Electronics). These Retail categories bring about new challenges and opportunities to build something at DoorDash from the ground up.
About the Role
We’re hiring an Associate Manager, New Verticals (Retail) to lead merchandising and growth for holiday moments and to define the ideal customer journey for discovering retail within DoorDash. This role will involve a significant degree of cross-functional partnership and will operate at the intersection of all retail categories.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash’s next big business. You’ll do whatever it takes to launch, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Strategize. From first principles, you’ll develop the optimal strategy for best serving our customers.
- Experiment. You’ll transform strategies into operational experiments that create measurable and actionable outcomes
- Analyze. You’ll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Lead and collaborate. You’ll work with a cross-functional team, including marketing, design, product, and operations to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
We’re excited about you because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what.
- You have 3-6 years of experience. You’ve succeeded in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, banking, or a related experience).
- You have experience starting or scaling a successful startup.
- You have a demonstrated interest or experience in retail and/or ecommerce.
- You have SQL experience.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.