About the Team
DoorDash is hiring an exceptional business-minded lawyer to join our Legal Team as Real Estate Counsel. You will have a unique opportunity to take on wide-ranging responsibilities, with ownership of projects that make an immediate impact on a fast-growing, dynamic business.
We’ve built a strong reputation within the company for our confident, supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We’re team players and we’re always looking for ways to grow and excel together. Join us!
About the Role
This role will be our third in-house real estate attorney and will report to the Director, Real Estate Counsel. This attorney will partner with teams across DoorDash, including our Real Estate and New Business teams, as well as Legal, Finance and Policy teams to provide legal guidance on real estate zoning matters, including the expansion of DoorDash’s business into new markets. You will be responsible for supporting the growth of our real estate portfolio to help our business scale.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Advise on zoning laws, building ordinances, construction permits and other land use issues with the support of outside counsel as needed.
- Be involved in strategic discussions that impact the development of DoorDash’s real estate portfolio.
- Actively engage in a legal function that handles all real estate legal matters.
We’re excited about you because…
- You hold a JD degree from an ABA-accredited law school and are a member in good standing of at least one state bar (preference for California State Bar membership, but not required).
- You have 3+ years of substantive land use or commercial real estate experience with a corporate/in-house legal department or a top tier law firm.
- You are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and have prioritized participating in DEI initiatives in past roles.
- You are excited to take on new challenges and don’t shy away from the unknown.
- You take an Owner’s approach and have a can-do attitude.
- Partnership and collaboration come easily to you.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.