About the Role
The Consumer Analytics team is looking for an analytics leader to help grow our DashPass subscription business We are seeking someone to join the Analytics team and drive exciting product advancements for our subscription business. This role will partner with Product Leaders, Strategists, Engineers, Designers, and other key stakeholders and use data to best understand our users and the impact that our products have on them. You will have an opportunity to directly influence our Subscription product roadmaps and work closely with business leaders across DoorDash.
As a leader on the Analytics team, you’ll use your quantitative background to lead & mentor other data scientists and dive into large datasets to guide decision-making. We tackle a multitude of exciting challenges including opportunity sizing, A/B testing to prove and ongoing tracking of our business progress as a key driver of DoorDash’s growth in the United States, Canada, and Australia. If you enjoy building teams & businesses from scratch, this is a great opportunity!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Oversee analytics related to Consumer product
- Innovate and work on product strategy within the DashPass business
- Use experimentation to drive product engagement while improving customer experience
- Analyze and size opportunities to drive product prioritization and strategy
- Hypothesize and recommend product enhancements by leveraging a deep understanding of our data, customers, and business
- Serve as a thought partner for counterparts on Product, Operations, and Engineering teams to influence the roadmap
- Improve reporting and data tools to empower data-driven decision-making in the workstreams you support
We’re excited about you because you have…
- 10+ years data science experience with a Bachelor or Master degree or 8+ years with a PhD in relevant fields
- 6+ years direct manager experience
- Experience in Consumer subscription business
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Python or R
- Experience with experimentation (A/B testing, diff-in-diff experiments)
- Strong communication skills, specifically driving projects in a leadership role
- Product Analytics experience is a plus
- ETL experience is a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.