About the Team
DashMart is a new, lean team at DoorDash focused on building a new type of convenience store, offering both household essentials and local restaurant favorites to our customers' doorsteps. We’re building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform, in international markets. The team is currently laser focused on growing one of DoorDash’s newest businesses, DashMart Australia, a ~3 month old business that we expect to grow significantly in 2022 and 2023. Joining our team is akin to joining a startup within a startup, and this specific role to grow DashMart Australia is a rare opportunity to build a business from zero to one. You’ll be responsible for managing the legal and compliance requirements to launch and maintain new Warehouse facilities. This includes licenses and permits mandated by city and state governments to operate a business.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone to oversee and evolve our DashMart regulatory compliance workflow, including:
- Monitoring compliance with local requirements.
- Improving workflows for efficiency and quality.
- Driving cross-functional alignment to ensure all compliance requirements are approved before launch.
You will report into the Manager of Launch in our DashMart organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Like hairy problems. Every site’s compliance process is different. You need to figure out how to channel that difference into a consistent and effective workflow.
- Value efficiency and control. You like to get work done quickly and with the least amount of effort possible, but you also appreciate when it’s necessary to have checkpoints for quality control.
- Thrive at bringing teams together. Regulatory compliance is currently executed by multiple teams, including Construction, Launch, Legal, and Tax. You will need to keep all of them aligned on a consistent workflow.
We’re excited about you because…
- You can execute on multiple work streams. DashMart has ambitious growth goals for 2022 to 2023. You will work with multiple sites and teams simultaneously and meet key deadlines for all.
- You are a learner. You’re not afraid to dig in and unpack complex and unfamiliar scenarios. You use data and common sense to solve problems.
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable taking a step back to identify broader trends. No job is beneath you.
- You are a collaborator. You possess excellent communication, project management, and stakeholder management skills.
- You are organized. You have strong documentation, record keeping, and data management skills
- You have 2-3+ years of experience. Ideally you have experience working with the following; compliance, legal, business tax, construction project management, however we are first and foremost looking for someone with the right mindset and a can do attitude.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.