About the Team
DashMart is a new, lean team at DoorDash focused on building a new type of convenience store, offering both household essentials and local restaurant favorites to our customers' doorsteps. We’re building and scaling new ways to delight our customers, leveraging the DoorDash platform, in international markets. The team is currently laser focused on growing one of DoorDash’s newest businesses, DashMart Australia, a ~3 month old business that we expect to grow significantly in 2022 and 2023. Joining our team is akin to joining a startup within a startup, and this specific role to grow DashMart Australia is a rare opportunity to build a business from zero to one.
About the Role
This role will sit on our launch team for our first-party retail business, DashMart, and lead the development and refinement of our real estate and expansion strategy for DashMart in Australia. This entails identifying and analyzing the best possible locations for micro fulfillment centers (MFCs), conducting any ad hoc related analysis (e.g. business case development, opportunity sizing), and working with internal and external stakeholders to drive real estate workstreams forward.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash’s next big business. These individuals will be responsible for identifying and leasing new MFCs for DashMart, related analysis (e.g. opportunity sizing, working through tradeoffs, making recommendations), and working with internal and external stakeholders. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Strategize. From first principles, you’ll develop the optimal strategy for best serving our customers.
- Analyze. You’ll assess the operational impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data. You’ll manage reports and dashboards to tell stories with data.
- Lead and collaborate. You’ll work with a variety of cross-functional teams both internal and with our broker partners. You will be in charge of kicking off and executing on real estate searches for DashMart.
We’re excited about you because…
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable in areas such as financial modeling in Excel and may also be able to pull your own data in SQL.
- You’re relentless. You do what it takes to win, no matter what and are dedicated to being 1% better, everyday.
- You have 1-5 years of experience. You’ve succeeded in high-performance cultures (whether in tech, operations, strategy, consulting, real estate, or a related experience).
- You’re open to travel. This role will require 10%+ travel time.
- You have experience starting or scaling a successful startup.
- You have a demonstrated interest in real estate and/or client-facing roles.
- You are somewhat familiar with SQL and/or willing to learn it.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.