About the Team
As one of DoorDash’s core operations teams, Support Ops is tasked with ensuring that when there are bumps in the last mile there’s always someone there to help make things right. Our team designs, manages and operates DoorDash’s massive and growing global network of support centers, with the ultimate goal of delivering a world-class customer experience every time.
About the Role
As part of DoorDash’s Support Operations Team, we’re looking for an experienced Workforce Scheduler Associate to help develop and scale our support lines of businesses in the Phoenix area. This role will be a key player in planning our monthly, daily, and hourly staffing levels and ensure we’re providing our customers with best-in-class service with up to date hiring plans. This role will play a vital part in improving forecast accuracy, reporting, and planning around floor staff utilization and efficiency.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build and maintain support capacity plan models at a monthly, weekly, and interval level for a large, 24/7/365 organization.
- Build and improve reports on agent staff utilization and schedule optimization, both globally and by line of business.
- Schedule shifts for support, and allocate PTO allowances by LoB.
- Forecast incoming contacts based on Delivery volume, Mx and Dx onboarding.
- Analysis on historical data to provide insights that improve support operations.
- Guide Short-Term staffing adjustments to address current staffing gaps.
- Build shift-bids and schedules for pilots, internal support teams, and as needed for business operations.
- Work with our operations team to track how our staffing is being implemented and optimized. Make proactive and corrected improvements.
- Partner with Real Time Analysts for demand insight and outage reporting.
- Build out and report on seasonality trends in a complex, growing support organization.
We’re excited about you because…
- Analytical and data driven - you love getting into the weeds.
- Enjoy attacking complex problems and building something that hasn’t existed before.
- Well-organized and attentive to detail; have outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Impeccable follow-up and follow-through capabilities, you can execute and get the job done.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, constantly changing, team-oriented environment and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Have an owner mentality; you're focused on quality, output driven, an extreme hustler, proactive, and always pushing yourself to do better.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 3 years of workforce planning or other relevant experience.
- Demand Forecasting experience across different channels (Chat/Phone/Email).
- Prior experience with Workforce Management software (e.g., NICE, Verint, Aspect, etc.)
- Experience with databases and understanding complex SQL queries
- Data visualization experience a plus
- Fluent in Excel formulas and Erlang calculations
- Experience with outsourced customer support vendors is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.