About the Team
In a new era of hybrid work models and permanently distributed teams, DoorDash for Work is uniquely positioned to deliver solutions for the modern workforce. The Work team is building a best-in-class corporate ordering platform to power more than just meal solutions for the Fortune 1000. Our goal is to use meals as a beachhead into the Enterprise and capture more spend over time across a wide variety of categories.
In 2022, we pivoted the focus of our go-to-market teams towards the Enterprise. We’ll iterate on our Sales & Marketing strategy to drive adoption of the Work platform within the Fortune 1000. Simultaneously, we launched a self-serve product to capture long-tail customer demand. We’ll ship product quickly and use customer feedback to evolve our offering, with the goal of building a best-in-class order management platform for companies of all sizes.
About the Role
The Senior Manager of Platform Strategy & Ops will own all things related to the Work platform. You’ll oversee all critical customer operations and work with your leaders to develop a scalable customer solution & experience for the long-term. You’ll manage our profitability initiatives and ensure we’re meeting our bottom-line goals. You’ll work with cross-functional stakeholders across DoorDash to prioritize development initiatives, align roadmaps, and enable growth. This role is perfect for a creative, methodical, systems-centric leader who is excited to transform business operations as we scale. This leader will manage the P&L and a team that is staffed across a wide variety of operational initiatives.
You will sit on our Strategy & Ops team within the New Categories organization, and report directly to the GM of DoorDash for Work.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Develop & execute on a strategy to automate & scale our platform to meet not only current, but also future needs for the Work business
- Partner cross-functionally with other DoorDash leaders to build a best-in-class consumer experience. You’ll own everything from in-app merchandising to platform product strategy to billing & support operations
- Manage a team of operators to create great customer experiences, build a scalable platform, manage risk and compliance, and ultimately achieve our profitability goals
We’re excited about you because…
- You bring creativity & vision when developing a roadmap to solve for the customer experience. You can navigate the ambiguity to create priorities, structure, & first principles across a wide variety of disciplines.
- You are a systems thinker & methodical operator. You seek exposure to different types of problems and can develop a point of view no matter the domain. You love to dive into the problems and find unique insights that can inform business strategy. You’re able to quickly identify and manage tradeoffs between short-term wins & long-term scalability
- You are an excellent people leader that is able to get in the weeds with your team, while also helping them up-level and understand the strategic relevance and impact of their work. You use first principles to scale decision-making.
- You are a relationship builder. You are able to effectively communicate, manage expectations & generate buy-in across a wide range of functional stakeholders
- You have 7+ years of experience in strategy, operations, and finance in the technology industry. SaaS billing experience is a plus
- You have at 4+ years of managing people & teams, and feel comfortable developing the next generation of DoorDash operators
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $154,800 - $232,200, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.