About the Team
The Communications team is responsible for telling the story of how DoorDash empowers local economies by connecting people to all the best merchants and goods in their communities. The team is a nimble, high-impact group that works cross-functionally with key business stakeholders, touching every corner of the organization. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, meticulous attention to detail, and out-of-the-box thinking – coupled with a true team spirit and the ability to juggle projects and priorities – are what make this group so effective.
This is a key role on the Corporate Communications team that will require knowledge of the business media landscape, hands-on experience and expertise in communications, and a proven track record of managing cross-functional projects and stakeholders.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an Associate to join the Corporate Communications team. In this role, you will report to the Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, sitting on the broader Communications and Policy team at DoorDash.
The Associate, Corporate Communications is a crucial utility player for the Corporate and Communication team’s efforts to successfully articulate our business growth, leadership, and impact stories with business audiences and the general public. You will help organize our efforts, and support cross-functional partners in achieving DoorDash’s priorities as a company.
As a member of the Corporate Communications team, you will become an expert on DoorDash’s values, business model, offerings, and trajectory––and your work will help amplify them with both internal and external audiences. You will support the development and execution against our corporate narrative and strategy, ensuring our messages are cohesive, consistent, and effective across all lines of our global business. This includes managing cross-functional business initiatives, media strategy and engagement, partnering with internal stakeholders, and proactive communications planning, all to further develop our corporate brand and ensure we are sharing stories that resonate with our audiences.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will …
- Support executive, finance and strategy, company, and reactive communications to advance DoorDash’s corporate narrative and reputation
- Develop messaging and materials for communications plans, announcements, award submissions, and executive thought leadership opportunities
- Work in close partnership with stakeholders across the company, including the Investor Relations, People, Legal, Policy, Strategy & Operations teams, to help tell the story of how DoorDash is empowering local economies today
- Help debut milestones reached across the company – including new categories for the business, product offerings, economic impact, corporate growth, and more – through owned content and engagement with media
- Manage cross-functional projects and business initiatives that reinforce our value propositions for consumers, merchants, Dashers, employees, and shareholders
- Work with the broader Communications team to distill complex business information and progress into clear, compelling stories for external audiences
- Draft, edit, and manage earned and owned communications materials to support a wide array of corporate news and reactive messaging, including editorial calendars, media lists, coverage reports, pitches, press releases, and blog posts
- Keep a pulse on the current events, news, trends, and conversations we need to participate in, both inside and outside of DoorDash
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 2-4 years of experience in communications or PR, working with fast-paced business/technology companies or clients
- You are self-motivated, and succeed in high-performance cultures and dynamic environments (whether in tech, consulting, journalism, or a related experience)
- You share in DoorDash’s mission to empower local economies––with a particular interest in raising up underrepresented/underserved communities and shepherding diversity, equity, and inclusion
- You have experience leading corporate announcements, working closely with executives, and overseeing important company milestones
- You possess excellent people and project management skills, with the ability to collaborate, lead, and manage multiple time-sensitive projects under tight deadlines
- You are comfortable advising both senior leaders and peers, and are adept at finding solutions in the face of challenges
- You have a deep understanding of the financial and business press landscape
- You are highly organized and have a sharp attention to detail
- You are eager to be an active participant in and shepherd of our company culture and values
- You have a bachelor's degree or higher
- You take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.