About the Role
DoorDash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses. To further this mission, we’re looking for a marketing leader, with experience sitting at the intersection of growth, brand and operations, to own integrated marketing strategy & operations for B2B at DoorDash.
This person should be able to think about the business like a GM, drive forward highly cross-functional projects like a product manager, and understand how to speak to our customers like a seasoned marketer. We’re looking for someone with a proven track record of setting & hitting aggressive business goals, managing complex marketing campaigns, and communicating effectively with executive leadership and cross-functional stakeholders. You must be able to think big picture and paint a long-term vision and story one moment, and seamlessly transition to diving into the weeds across performance marketing, analytics, product, operations and creative the next. This candidate should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude, strong bias-to-action, and entrepreneurial spirit.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own global strategic planning (includes annual and quarterly) and coordinate execution of major B2B marketing initiatives to accelerate merchant selection, experience, retention and production adoption on DoorDash.
- Act as the lynchpin between marketing teams (Growth, Brand, CRM, Product Marketing), sales strategy & operations, product, finance, analytics and other departments to build and execute on a holistic and integrated B2B marketing strategy/plan.
- Own internal communications of final B2B integrated marketing vision, strategy, performance and opportunities to executives and leads across the organization.
- Work to support new business lines and expansion opportunities, including new categories, new business models, and internationalization and localization, through advocating and unlocking marketing resourcing and budgets.
- Be responsible for tracking B2B marketing performance metrics across functions, reporting progress out to org and senior leaders from brand health to acquisition, retention and production adoption, proactively identifying risks and to leadership and building mitigation strategies in partnership with marketing teams and leads.
- Work with operations and finance teams to set the right goals and KPIs with the team, and work with marketing partners and cross-functional operators to create integrated plans to achieve these goals.
- Build models and frameworks for budgeting, campaign tracking, and goal forecasting.
- Partner with Marketing leadership and key cross-functional leads to build and deliver investment asks, and/or planning & headcount deliverables.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are creative and entrepreneurial - you enjoy tackling unsolved problems and finding creative solutions with limited resources
- You are a storyteller - you know how to distill complex marketing strategies and initiatives into a clear vision and story to drive education and visibility with senior leaders across the org
- You are detailed-oriented - you love to manage highly cross-functional, complex projects without making mistakes or missing deadlines, and you build teams that analyze results at the most granular level
- You are highly quantitative and analytical - you get excited when insights jump out of the data
- You are a strategic and business-minded - you find trends in your data and look for the “so what”
- You are collaborative - you love working with a team, and both learning from & teaching others
- You are fun - you enjoy what you do and love to have fun!
- 10+ years experience in marketing (2+ years focus on B2B a plus), preferably with diverse experience across performance, brand and integrated marketing
- 3+ years of direct management experience and/or experience managing large cross-functional teams with dotted line reporting structures
- 2 years or more in consulting, operations/GM role, strategy development, or finance a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, ability to organize information in a high level way to communicate key points to partners and internal stakeholders.
- Strong project management and organizational experience, including building campaign calendars/trackers, setting DRIs, and following up relentlessly to hit deadlines
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment, with a strong bias to action.
- Deep experience managing towards, and balancing, brand & performance-oriented goals to drive company-level P&L outcomes.
- Ability to synthesize data, make data-driven decisions and balance quantitative measurement with an intuition-driven bias to action.
- Strong excel skills and basic SQL understanding a plus
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.