About the Team
On the Outside Account Management team, we develop DoorDash partners to capture engagement, growth, and performance on our platform. We will establish success and build a plan to reach new heights, while accommodating the variable needs of our partners.
About the Role
Partner Managers lead the relationship with merchant partners on an ongoing basis. You will upsell incremental services to our existing business owners. You will help their businesses accelerate to new levels, hold periodic business check-ins, improve merchant operations, troubleshoot product-related bugs, recommend marketing strategies, and ensure high levels of satisfaction and retention. You will report into Senior Manager, Regional Partner Strategy on our Strategic Partner Management team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead – Manage a team of Strategic Partner Managers and Merchant Operations Associates that work to grow merchant relationships with our key accounts across the Region.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Merchant Operations, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, and Sales teams to improve the merchant experience and achieve market revenue goals
- Strategize – Work with our Merchant Operations team to devise and execute the overall operational strategy for “winning with the merchant”
- Business Development – Generate new business and strategic investment opportunities by being the local liaison for new products to roll out in your region. This includes everything from Drive to DoorDash For Business
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of merchant acquisition, engagement, and retention programs and experiments. Forecast and evaluate OKR achievement for our book of business.
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from commissary kitchens, to in-store marketing, to launching new verticals
We’re excited about you because…
- Natural leader – You pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team. Coaching others and seeing them achieve their goals gives you energy.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions. You can manage a geographically distributed team and remotely liaise with central functions.
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans. You enjoy solving problems through collaboration with others.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
- High EQ and natural interpersonal skills. A connector and expert communicator who will ‘close the distance’ between the regional office and rest of DoorDash
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $119,110.50 - $161,149.50, plus opportunities for equity. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.